Sierra Electronics Incorporated has been happily serving our loyal customers for over 15 years. We pride ourselves on superior service that includes, but is not limited to, same day delivery on orders placed before the end of the day, as well as custom made products made in the USA.
Sierra Electronics Universal Tape Splicers
Tape Splicer Splices run seamlessly through ALL major SMT Pick and Place Feeders including, Fuji, Samsung, Panasonic, Mydata, Quad/Tyco, Yamaha, Manncorp, Muhibauer, Siemens, Juki, Universal, Philips, Sanyo, etc.
Splicing carrier tapes with the Universal Tape Splicer increases throughputs and yields by 15-20%.
Universal Tape Splicer Steps
- Cut the ends of the SMD Carrier Tapes in the center of the Sprocket Drive Hole OR the Center of the pocket on the Carrier Tapes. (Carrier Tape alignment tool is also available for greater accuracy in splicing with the Tape Splicer Tool.
- Place the Brass shim in the Tape Splicer Tool with the teeth on the brass splice shim facing up.
- Place the Leader tape of the New Reel onto the Tape Splicer in the center of the splicing shim, then place the trailing end of the carrier tape to be changed centered on the splicing shim on the Tape Splicer Tool.
- Rotate the Carrier Tape Hold down clamps on the Tape Splicer to hold down the carrier tape. (The Tape Splicer Hold down clamps allows you to keep one hand free while crimping with the Tape Splicer Tool).
- Crimp the Tape Splicer Tool. Release Tape Splicer handle and the splice is made on the bottom of the carrier Tap
- Place SMD Tape Connector centered on covertapes and the Splice is complete. Remove the joined carrier tape from the Tape Splice Tool and feed into the pick and place machine without line shut down.
Using our splice tape for SMT, which guarantee perfect and reliable joints in punched carrier tapes without shutting off machine.
If you have any questions about our products, or need to place a custom order, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We are eager to help!